Monday, April 18, 2016

LOVELY weekend.......

Father and son, chatting over the back fence, on a lovely Saturday morning...
.
Our grandson, the "squirrel whisperer"...  :-)   This baby squirrel became attached to him.  Crawling up to his shoulders and sitting there, watching the world go by.  When he put the baby squirrel down, it would follow him...

Later, the baby squirrel went to Animal Rescue. 

They already are trying to keep a nest of surviving baby rabbits safe.  Until it's silly mother, takes them away.  -sigh-

All this, with their own dog!!!!
.
I grabbed an iron rake, and dug/pulled up the matted dirt and weed roots, which were covering some of the bricks, on our old back patio!  You can see the process, in the above photo.
.
And here are results!  I have more to dig/pull up.  And need to sweep or hose the dirt away.  But this is an accomplishment!  Bringing our old patio bricks and rocks back out, into the sun!  :-)
.
Air War Games going on, again this morning.  Good thing!!!!  With all the provocation, we are getting, from our enemies!!!

Now, if only we had a Commander In Chief, who had the guts, to act like a man.  Instead of to just wander around, with his nose in the air, and his head, in the clouds.

Grrrrrr.... 
.
.
.
.

12 comments:

Estelle's said...

I am thrilled you were able to get outdoors and enjoy the sun and take some photos of what's going on in your world! Love it! I would frame that sweet picture of your grandson and the baby squirrel...how absolutely precious! Just love seeing this Tessa!

Red Rose Alley said...

Tessa, Yes, this is an accomplishment raking all the leaves and weeding. I find that I am sore the next day when I do yard work. Eeeeeeek, that squirrel your grandson is holding! You know I love taking pictures of squirrels, but I'm a bit scared of them. So, this picture surprised me. Your grandson has a nice smile. And I love that picture of father and son talking over the fence. It really is special.

Have a happy week, dear Tessa.

~Sheri

and your Header, sooooooo darling. :)

Susie said...

Tessa, That looks like a lot of work. I edged around our brick walkways last fall. I see some spots that need it a again. So great your son lives next door. Must give you comfort. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

LoveT. said...

What a gorgeous Picture of your Grandson!

The Weather was really nice this Weekend :)
lobely Greetings

The World According To Me said...

Love the father and son picture.
And your grandson looks like a fine lad, and squirrel lover! I've never seen a squirrel that close. I'm impressed he is holding a squirrel!

bj said...

Hi, Tessa...thanks so much for stopping by.
I love all your great photos...yes, it can sure be a job to get things all ready for the summer. Our winds have kept me from doing much outside...xoxo
O, and I so agree on our President. I've never, in my long life, seen anything like him...he is surely a piece of work.

tammy j said...

the squirrel whisperer.
nothing sweeter!
i'm glad they took it to the rescue.
and what a job you've taken on with the uncovering.
but don't you just LOVE old brick!!! nothing like it!
gonna be beautiful and so worth it. xo

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Tessa, it looks like you are having delightful weather! I love brick patios and I imagine you will enjoy spending time there soon. Your grandson must be a gentle young man to have patience to attract a squirrel! ♥

Peggy said...

such a great post today. There is a lot going on at Tessa's house. What a nice shot of your son and husband. I love the fencing he has going on around his house. I imagine it was hard for your grandson to give up that baby squirrel. Don found one underneath a very large and high tree in our backyard. He held it for a while but then placed it as far up as he could reach on the trunk. Soon mommy came down and picked it up in her mouth and carried it to a nest high in the tree. It's that time of year, isn't it...time to do the spring cleanup. It's always nice when it is complete but what a job. Don and I have been working outside doing a little at a time. We work, then rest, then work again. Now I know that it can't be done all in one day. The bricks look really nice.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks like such lovely weather. The little squirrel is precious. So sweet that it became attached to your grandson.

Debby Ray said...

Ah yes...springtime! It always feels so good to get out and get those projects started! That little squirrel is the cutest thing!

Lowcarb team member said...

So nice to get outside when the Spring weather allows.
You've shared some lovely photo's, thank you.

All the best Jan