Friday, February 19, 2016

It's that time of year, again....... :-) :-(

Yes, it's that time of year again.  When we are inundated with adds for Cadbury Easter Eggs.
.
Oh my!  Oh sigh!  Look at that delicious, creamy, chocolaty goodness.
.
And they are on sale, everywhere!!!  It's very hard, to avoid them.  It's so easy to be able to buy a couple here, and a couple there.  >,-))))
.
When I was growing up, a Fanny Farmer Easter Egg was always gotten.  It has been a long time, since one could find a real Fanny Farmer Candy Store.  That is one of those childhood memories, which have flown.  -sigh-
.
(What ever happened to Fanny Farmer Candy???)
.
Fanny Farmer Easter Eggs were not mini.  And they weren't huge either.  They were purrrrfect.  :-)  As anyone old enough, to truly remember them, can attest.   :-)
.

Pic links
1. link
2. link
3. link
4. link
5. link
.
.
.
.
.

8 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Tessa, I've heard of Fannie May chocolates from the past, but not Fanny Farmer candy. What a delightful store this is. Cadbury Easter eggs are my son's favorites, and have to get him a few every year. That Easter bunny lion is too cute hehehehe.

Aahh, those childhood memories. :)


~Sheri

Daniela said...

Oh my, what a temptation, my dearest Tessa !
Here in italy we don't have such chocolate eggs, they're a surprise to me ... I wonder how delicious they're !!!

Have a most beautiful end of your week,
sending love to you
Dany

Estelle's said...

My bunnies are making an appearance! Don't you just love the sweetness of spring and Easter! I remember Fannie Farmer and yes, it seems very hard to find these days!!! Have a good one Tessa!

Peggy said...

My father was a pharmacist who worked in a store that sold Russell Stover candy. Our Easter baskets were full of those delicious treats

tammy j said...

i like the cadbury bunny egg commercials!
i remember the fannie farmer caramels especially...
but my favorites as a child were the whitman sampler boxes!
i got into VERY serious trouble once when i was little...
and did a 'taste test' on the first layer! LOLOL.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Oh Tessa, Cadbury eggs---my husband's favorite! He used to buy a case of them and pass them around the office at Easter. Fanny Farmer is hard to find these days. They make delightful treats! Lovely photo if the Fanny Farmer candy box! ♥

A Joyful Cottage said...

I've never been fond of Cadbury Easter eggs. Too sweet for me. However, I'm very glad you and others enjoy and look forward to them ever year. Traditions are a wonderful part of life. Enjoy. :)

The World According To Me said...

I love Cadburys Creme Eggs! In fact, we have been discussing them in the office over here. And Cadburys Mini Eggs, do you have them over there? They are my favourite all time chocolate!
I've not heard of Fanny Farmer though?