Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Some photos, not yet posted........

It was so cold here, on Monday, that I couldn't get warm.  So I turned on the oven and baked the above.  :-)  A Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread with added walnuts and cherries.   It warmed the house and tasted delicious!  Win... Win...
.
A cold twilight sky....
.
An over 20 year old picture.  'Pop' and our first Grand Daughter, whom I took care of, while Mommy/Daddy worked.  She was always an "I-Can-Do-It" girl.  :-)  And you can see her above, taking over the cleaning of potatoes, from 'Pop'.
.
She is still an "I-Can-Do-It"  girl.  She is an Electrical Engineer, in charge of building sites.
.
A dinner of left-overs.  Organic baked potatoes, which were hash browned..  Left-over slices of grass fed beef meatloaf.  Quite yummmmy.  :-)  One of those "even better the next day" kind of meals. 
 .
Thank you for liking my every day dishes.
They are Westbury Court, by Jessica McClintock,
'Christina'
.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.
"The color of springtime is in the flowers;
The color of winter is in the imagination."
~Terri Guillemets
.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.
.
.
.

9 comments:

Daniela said...

I love your new header, and the photos you've chosen for this post of yours are so very wonderful little pieces of your life ... gorgeous !
Thank you for the sweetness of your heart, my darling, you're so amiable, sweetest Tessa !

May your week be filled with so much love,
sending hugs to you across the many miles,
with all my heart
Dany

Red Rose Alley said...

Tessa, I put ketchup on my meatloaf too! That's great that you make organic foods. I try to do the same when I can. What a sweet picture of your granddaughter helping out in the kitchen. That pumpkin bread looks so yummy. I've never thought to put cherries in it before.

I noticed your new profile pic on my comments today, and I really liked it. :)

A little of this and that pics are my favorite.

~Sheri

Benita said...

I love the pics and the pumpkin bread looks so divine, as does the meatloaf! I'm a meatloaf kinda girl and you are so right...always better the next day! Love and hugs sweet friend!!

tammy j said...

oh good grief.
a deliciously wonderful post in every way!
and that china...in the picture...
oh my.

Peggy said...

Yummy! Your meal looks tasty. I love hash brown potatoes too.

Estelle's said...

Oh how I enjoyed this post! Your little granddaughter is precious at that age...the pumpkin bread dressed up with nuts and cherries...oh my...wish I could reach in and take a bite! I am so thankful to live back in Texas without that long blast of winter....but staying by the fireside can be rather cozy! Lovely post today!!! PS....I love your pattern on the dinner plates...lovely!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Tessa, what a cozy post! Complete with good things to eat and warm times with grands. What could be better? Enjoy your evening! ♥

handmade by amalia said...

The pumpkin bread looks wonderful, Tessa. I can almost smell the wonderful aroma as it bakes.
Amalia
xo

The World According To Me said...

Pumpkin bread, never had it but looks yummy. I can almost smell it!
Loving the sound of your granddaughter.