Tuesday, May 24, 2016

How to emabrace a not-so-sunny-day... :-))))

It is gray today....
The sun was struggling to peek through the clouds and the trees...
But I found a lovely little bunch of wild violets....
I will try to embrace the gray and overcast day, as Guinever von Sneeden does.  She loves a gray and misty day. :-)  Above is a screen capture of her lovely site.  
A delight for the senses...   Even with lovely music, to accompany her delightful little videos.  :-)

If she can love a day like this, she can show me how to do so also.  We can't have bright, sunny days, all the time.  And yes, they do make us feel more perky.  Well, most of us that is.  :-)   I'm sure she is not the only one, who embraces less sunny days.

Please, do  visit her, by clicking here.  Her life is very different than mine.   Than many.   But it's a delightful place to pop into.  It's really "another world."  She actually does live "in a Faerie Tale."  :-)))))

She also had a lovely blog (Slender Nettles), but has not updated it, in a few weeks.  With luck, she will begin again, there.  But meantime, there is the link I leave, above.  Where you can pop in, for daily delights.  :-)))))

Please and thank you....
.
.
.
.
.
.



11 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

We had a hazy day here but that's because there was dust in the sky. My lease favorite kinda weather as it really does make me blah.

Heidi said...

Ich kenne einige Blogs die es nicht mehr gibt . Was ich sehr Schade finde , wenn der Blog toll ist :) Unsere Wetter hier ist aktuell richtig kalt : Gar nicht schön . Und immer dieser Regen . Fürchterlich
Wünsche Dir einen schönen Abend
LG heidi

LoveT. said...

Beautiful new Header Tessa!

The Violets are lovely :)

lots of hugs from Vienna ♡

Peggy said...

I don't mind rainy days but I must say today with its almost hot temperatures and loads of sun has just made me smile and sing all day. Hurrah. This is the day I waited for all winter.

Susie said...

Tessa, When I have things all caught up and nothing to do...I will look thru many blogs. It's fun to see how different we are and yet how alike we can be. Hope you are enjoying this month. Our temps are getting into the 80's. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Antoinette said...

Those violets are so pretty - it's funny to see such close parallels between your Spring and my late Autumn. All my violets are just coming into flower now, (they flower through Winter here, which I feel is a lot like a Northern Hem Spring).

And I follow Guinevere Von Sneedon on IG, and I adore her images. Those adorable bunnies and cat of hers are a bonus. A lovely artist.

Best wishes to you Tessa, and enjoy your beautiful Spring-time. xx

roughterrain crane said...

It's great to find valuable things not only in sunny days but also cloudy or rainy days. You are an excellent observer with a keen eye.

tammy j said...

you know how I feel about grey days...
i'm with guinevere... I love them.
perhaps because OUR sunny days here aren't just sunny... they become oppressively hot and humid and sometimes dangerously so.
if they were just sunny and mild... oh my yes!
"light the corners darling!"
gentle hugs to you in beloved faerie land! XOXO♥
thank you for helping me discover her links. I kept them and visit often too!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Tessa, I love a gray, misty day every now and then. We've had such a rainy, dreary May, that I'm thrilled that the sun is shining today! Two days in a row. That's a record for this month.
I will visit your friend's blogs as soon as I can. Enjoy your day!

Lowcarb team member said...

The weather was a little grey here today but I cheered up when I saw my grand-children enjoying some sunny times ... see here

https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/now-that-was-fun.html

I hope you don't mind the link Tessa but that day was so sunny

Hope this week is going well for you

All the best Jan

bj said...

I love dark, cloudy, rainy days as much (if not more) than bright, sunny days....I love them both but feel better than any other time when it's rainy.....xoxoxo