Saturday, May 21, 2016

Tonight is the Full Flower Moon..........

Tonight is the Full Flower Moon.  As well as being a Blue Moon too.
.
"We use Full Moon names that were used during Native American and Colonial times to help track the seasons. Depending on the tribe, May’s Full Moon was called the Full Flower Moon as well as Mother’s Moon, Milk Moon, and Corn Planting Moon. The May Moon marked a time of increasing fertility with temperatures warm enough for safely bearing young, a near end to late frosts, and plants in bloom."   source
.
 link
I hope that you will be able, to view it tonight, in your area.  :-)
.
.
.
.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Bei Vollmond schlafe ich wirklich weniger . Und sich ein bisschen nach dem Mond zu richten ist gar nicht verkehrt . Funktioniert wirklich
LG heidi

Lowcarb team member said...

I hope many may get to view this,

Happy Weekend Wishes

All the best Jan

Peggy said...

i always love to peek out the window at night and see a full moon. Since it is warmer here we won't have a frost during the full moon so I think I can safely plant some flowers as soon as the rain stops. Enjoy your weekend.

bj said...

Oh boy...we are having a huge pool party tonight for the graduates and I would be sooo delighted if we could have a beautiful moon...xoxoxoxo

LoveT. said...

So many Names for the Full Moon, very interesting!
i love it to watch the Moon :)

lovely Greetings <3

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

The moon was beautiful last evening, Tessa. I'm afraid we will not be seeing it tonight as it is raining here. I love your information about our beautiful moon. "The moon belongs to everyone, the best things in life are free!" I hope you are able to see it tonight! ♥

Susie said...

Tessa, I love that flowered moon.LOL. I saw that the moon was near full two days ago. I 'll have to look at it tonight...the skies are clear. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Red Rose Alley said...

I'll be on the look out for it, Tessa. Sounds interesting, and thanks. :)

~Sheri