Friday, June 24, 2016

Beauty... But deadly beauty.... -sigh-

Isn't that pretty?  Tiny purple and yellow flowers...
.
I think it is so pretty.  And it seems as if it likes me.  That white you see, is the house siding, under the den windows.  The den, where I have my computer desk.  :-)
.
See?  Doesn't that seem as if it is trying to come to me?  ,-)))))))))
.
But the thing is......  It is Deadly Nightshade.  Poisonous. 
.
 Lyte urges growers 'to be carefull to see to it and to close it in, that no body enter into the place where it groweth, that wilbe enticed with the beautie of the fruite to eate thereof.' (source)

My husband has pulled and dug it out.  But it returns.  It returns. 
.
Best to take Lyte's advice (whomever he may have been) and go after it, again. 
.
No matter how pretty,  -sigh-  It has no place in polite society.  Or in one's back yard.
.
.
.
.

5 comments:

roughterrain crane said...

I think it is really pretty, too.

tammy j said...

I had no idea.
had heard the words nightshade but didn't know of the poisonous of it.
my late sister in law was so susceptible to poison ivy that it she once wound up in the hospital very seriously ill from it.
amazing that your nightshade keeps coming back even after being DUG OUT!
nature's tenacity!

Peggy said...

Thanks for the photo of Nightshade. I've never heard of it before but will be aware from now on. I fight with wild morning glory vines every year. No matter how I dig and dig they just keep coming back where they are not wanted. I think I'll have to try roundup on them. I also fight with buttercups. Those runners underneath the ground will be the death of me!

LoveT. said...

The violett Blossoms are beautiful! i have never seen this Flower before :)

lovely Greetings, happy Weekend Tessa!

Red Rose Alley said...

Yikes, a poisonous flower that looks so pretty. Yes, I would pull it out. Isn't that odd that it keeps growing back? Did you plant it years ago, or was it already there? Very interesting. It is pleasant to look at though while you're on your computer. :)

~Sheri