Friday, June 3, 2016

It started, with a comment.............. :-)

(Monet)
On my last post, I received a comment...  A lovely comment, by a lovely  blogger.  I want to stress this.  A lovely comment, by a lovely blogger.

The post was about having a baddddd dream, and knowing that it was a "message" from my body.  Trying to get my attention!  For the fact that I was allowing myself to become wayyyy toooooo upset, by just about everything.  Something I knew, but had not acted on, yet.

But after that dream, I had no choice but to pay attention.  To make a decision, to stop "riling myself up" and raising my blood pressure, all the time.  Which is simply common sense and wisdom.  And I have tried to put this, into action, the rest of Thursday.  Good For Me!!!!!!!
.
And Susie, being the sweet and caring person she is, commented to me;   "Cast your cares upon Him, for He careth for you. :)"

Now usually, I'd just let that pass.  Understanding that it came from a nice person, who figured that her views, would be of comfort to me.  As they would be, to the majority of Pretty Blog Land.

But I am not among the majority of Pretty Blog Land.  And something just "happened"...  :-))))))

So I will copy and paste below, the rest of my comment back to her.  Thus being very brave, and possibly turning off the majority of my Dear Readers.  :-))))

Susie commented; "Cast your cares upon Him, for He careth for you. :)"

And I wrote back;
Nope! None of that, for me. After 60, I give myself permission to Question my religion. Then spent years, studying and thinking and finding my own way.  Coming to no belief here, in ancient texts, which have been changed and interpreted, for 200 years. With some parts of which, based on beliefs, which go back even further.

Did you know who first came up with the concept, of a Force For Good anddddd a Force For Evil????? Zoraster! Who lived in the eastern part of the Iranian Plateau, somewhere in the 11th or 10th century BCE.

And many cultures, around the world, have the myths of the Virgin Birth, Savior, etc.

People brought up in a religion, don't want to look. Or question. Or think on such things. They are comfortable, and don't want to "rock the boat."  Which is fine for them!!!!!!

Whereas I was never comfortable, being a Roman Catholic. I wanted to question, even when I was told it was sinful, to question. By the age of 60, I finally gave myself permission. Finally!!!!!!! Oh Happy Day!

Wow, I am actually saying these things, in a comment, in my blog!!!!   :-)))  Can you imagine how BRAVE that is, of me??? To do so????!!!! The majority of Pretty Blog Land, is Christian. And so, if one isn't, one keeps one's mouth shut.

Did you ever know that???? Did you know that Christians can blog their views, all over their blogs????? But if a non-believer did so, they take the chance of "turning readers off"?

Oh yes!!!!! Listen and learn! We usually keep our mouths shut. But sometimes, we just can't, any longer.

Sooooo, if I got brave, and put this in comments, why not get fully brave, and put my views in a post?!?!?! I-just-may-do-that!!!!!!

I appreciate your good wishes, Susie!!! I do! I do! I do! But I just couldn't "keep quiet" any longer.

Tessa
June 2, 2016 at 5:11 PM
Delete
..........................................................
And so.....   Regardless of what happens, after this post....  I am doing it.  Jumping out of my "Safe Boat," into the "Waters of Speaking What I Happen To Think."  Thus throwing caution to the winds.  Yes, I know, that sounds overly dramatic.  But, if one has blogged for as many years as I have, and 'kept my mouth shut,'  it is like throwing caution to the winds.  

But wow!  It feels good out here!!!!  Sailing unknown waters.  With the wind in my hair and the steering wheel, securely in my own hand.
.
.
.
.
.

11 comments:

Susie said...

Tessa, I am sorry if I offended you in any way. Why did you keep quiet so long? It's your blog, post what you like. I thought that was what we all did...as long as we weren't being mean or threatening to others. So I take it you are no longer a believer.:):) I will still visit you if you don't care. Hope you have a great weekend, xoxo, Susie

a writing place said...

Susie... YOU did NOT offend!!!!!!!

I tried to say that. Doesn't it show?

If not, I say it again! YOU DID NOT OFFEND!!!!!!!!!!

a writing place said...

Susie; " Why did you keep quiet so long?"

I explained why... In this post... I explained why....

Red Rose Alley said...

Tessa, I won't go on and on, I'll just write one sentence.

There is God.......and He loves you.

~Sheri

SHERRY said...

I truly give you a standing ovation for speaking your mind on this sensitive subject for most. I am 65 and to the chagrin of my family, and some friends, have never shied away from voicing my opinion on this subject. My first question on this subject was why is it that people with a Christian belief always seem to think theirs is the only true religion. I could never understand that because I was quite sure that buddists, muslims, jews or and of the other religions thought the same thing. So who was right? Why was it considered OK for the Christian missionaries to go and convert all those heathens in the world? I could go on and on with my views on this subject, but I certainly am not trying to convert anyone to my way of thinking.
My basic belief is that none of the religions of the world are wrong.
There is only one thing that is the truth... it boils down to what you believe in, no matter what that is. If your belief system serves you well then it is good for you. Everyone could be more tolerant of the differences of others and celebrate those differences.
what a boring, sad world it would be if everyone was the same.
And that is my 50 cents worth for today...

a writing place said...

Dear Sherri, I never said there is not a Creator of this huge and magnificent Universe. :-) There may be. And there may not be.

My view... There may well may be a Creator of this huge and magnificent Universe. If there is, this Creator is not concerned with we teeny, tiny humans, on this teeny, tiny, speck of a planet, in this particular part, of the huge, huge, huge and magnificent Universe.

To me, it seems arrogant of we humans, to think, that a Creator, picked US, on this tiny planet, out of all the billions and billions and billions of bits, in this huge, huge, huge and magnificent Universe. And on top of that, sent 3 different messengers, who formed the 3 main religions, down here!!! 3!

But if you believe, wonderful for you! If you want to pray for me, that is fine too! I'll never refuse any good vibes, sent my way.

Love,
Tessa

a writing place said...

Hi SHERRY!!!!!

Thank you!!!!

I have never jumped into this before! But why can't I voice my personal views, on my blog??? :-)))

And I did.

But like you, I do not, not, not want to convert anyone, to my way of thinking. NO!

The same way, I don't want anyone, to try to convert me, to their way of thinking.

Let us all, find our own path!!!!

Again, thank you!!!!!

Hugs,
Tessa

Peggy said...

If you have been silent and not let people know your views for a while it must be freeing to let it all out now. I have always been a person who believed to just let others think and feel the way they wanted as long as it didn't affect me. Then I would speak up. That is why I'm having such political turmoil right now. Without offending anyone I want to let the facts be shared on Facebook. But I'm so afraid that the supporters from the other side will be so angry. In fact I had to unfriendly someone who swore and ranted against something that I posted. Everyone has a right to their own views. But sometimes the truth needs to get out there where people can see it. I know this is different that what you are talking about in your blog but it is the same in the fact that I feel the need to speak up.

Benita said...

Two quotes from Carl Jung - "The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.” AND “The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.”

I am glad that you speak your mind and have accepted yourself completely. You have done what most of society has not yet done...be accepting of ourselves. If we don't ask questions, how can we seek answers? If we don't seek answers, how can we attain wisdom...or knowledge? We are not all carbon copies of each other but unique individuals...with opinions, desires, wants and needs...each different from the next. I think it does each of us good to express our thoughts, ideas and opinions to others and to discuss the areas where we are alike and the areas where we are different...it helps us learn more about another person, but most importantly, helps us learn about ourselves.

Love and hugs to you Tessa!!

a writing place said...

Dear Peggy, that is one reason why I do not "do" Facebook. I have heard, from another blogger, how upset she was, to learn how yet another blogger, felt politically. The first blogger, considered what the second blogger posted, to be unfair and etc., etc., etc.

Oh my!

One man's joy, is another man's pain. Or something like that.

I have my political views. Oh yes I do. But I do not state them, in this present time. Our Beloved Country is so divided, that anything said, on any side, is likely to inflame someone else.

If I felt I could change any minds, I would speak. But I really do not think, anyone can change any other minds. If any mind is to be convinced, it (the mind) has to be convinced by the individual him/her/self. By taking the time to become informed, by both sides. By thinking. By hard work.

And it seems to be much easier, to just go with whatever "flow" one has been in, for years. Hey, I did this too! I was always one party. And I changed, along the years. :-)))

Again, we each decide for ourselves, what we will say, and where.

Thank you for weighing in here. Thank you!

Tessa

a writing place said...

Dear Benita, what wonderful Jung quotes, you stated!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Thank you for agreeing, that it is good, to ask questions. Each person can choose which questions they need to ask, for themselves. My questions, do not have to be someone else's questions.

But oh it seems it would be wonderful, if everyone tried asking some questions. :-)

Thank you Dear One!!!!! Our religious views differ. But we can be completely accepting of the fact, that each of us, is free to have our own views. Thank you!!!

That is what I want. That each person, be free to find their own path. And doing so, not interfere with any other person's freedom.

Hugs and love,
Tessa