Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Rainy and recovery....

Our hearth room....  Drapes pulled and little string of faerie lights on.  While our grand daughter recovers from having her 4 wisdom teeth out, on Monday.
~
She has been laying low and taking her meds, with soft food and has been quite good.  But today "could be" the worst day.  She is in "her little nest" on the couch.  It's rainy and cool, so I straightened out her pillows.  Made 2 blankets "neat" and put them on her, and around her.  And quiet prevails.  :-)
At noon time, "Thor" (Noah Syndergaard) is supposed to be pitching for the Mets.  We can have that on the tv, with sound off, if she wishes.  And she can sleep right through it too, if she wishes.  I don't mind sound off.  With my hearing loss, I read the captions, rather than listen, anyway.  ,-)
~
So, with not much going on here, and rainy weather, not good for photos....  I'll post some lovely pictures from "Victoria" magazine.
~
Mmmmmmm, aren't they lovvvvvvvvvvely...............????????
.
.
"No occupation is so delightful to me
as the culture of the earth, and no culture
comparable to that of the garden."
~Thomas Jefferson
.
.
.
.
.

8 comments:

Susie said...

Tessa, Hope your granddaughter does well. Rest is the best thing. I loved the pictures from Victoria magazine. Those tables outside...oh yes, I would love to be there. Hey Tessa, I keep thinking about what you said about full moons sometimes making crazy stuff happen. Well that strawberry moon is messing with our weather here. Making me crazy and that doesn't take much some times. LOL . Blessings, xoxo, Susie

LoveT. said...

Gorgeous! i love the floral Prints on the Walls, it seems to be a great Magazin vor Living and Home :)

lots of Hugs

Saimi said...

Aw your poor granddaughter, I feel for her. I had my wisdom teeth taken out in my 20's a young mom with three young boys. My sister in law watched them for me so I could have some quiet recovery time. I wish I had you taking care of me. You are so tender and sweet your granddaughter is a lucky girl. Love the photos you found, they go well with your sweet post.

Take care
Saimi

tammy j said...

oh my four! although if i were going to have to have it done i'd rather have them all out at one time too.
get the pain OVER WITH!
she is lucky to have such a lovely cozy place to recuperate with wonderful care.
and... the viking thor... gorgeous!
and the victoria pictures... beautiful. thank you! HUGS ♥♥

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Tessa, I hope your granddaughter is feeling okay. I remember those days well of having wisdom teeth extracted. How nice your nest sounds for her.
Lovely photos from Victoria. Also the quote from Jefferson.
We're having a rainy morning with quite the thunder and lightning earlier this morning.
Enjoy the game. ♥

Red Rose Alley said...

Oooooo, I love the pages in Victoria magazine. That quilt on the bed is pretty. It's nice that you have made a comfortable place for your granddaughter after having her wisdom teeth out. Four of them, oh my! I had mine taken out years ago, and it takes time to heal. Your hearth room is charming with the fairy lights.

I love rainy days. I wish it would rain here, it's been so warm lately.

~Sheri

The World According To Me said...

Wish your grand daughter better.
Loving those fairy lights and the photographs of the straw hats. I'm a fan of fairy lights and straw hats.
They are indeed all lovely pictures.

Denise said...

Hi Tessa,

Your hearth room looks like a very cozy place for your granddaughter to rest and recover from her oral surgery. I remember going through that myself -- not much fun. I hope she'll make a quick recovery!

The pictures from "Victoria" are gorgeous!! I love them all and thanks for sharing with us. It's dreadfully hot here, so I don't have much to share at the moment, myself. I do like the quote by Thomas Jefferson; his garden at Monticello is wonderful and well worth a visit.

Thank you for your recent visits, Tessa; we've been on two trips in the last six weeks, so I'm just now getting around to returning visits. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,

Denise at Forest Manor