Saturday, June 11, 2016

WHERE do they post the "Rules"???? ,-))))

.
Have you been to a gathering of teens, of late?  Teen age girls, that is.  I don't know much about the "In Boy Look"...   But the teen girls...   Is there a memo, which goes out?  Giving "The Rules Of The Day"...  For hair style and length of skirt?  Because it certainly looks that way.  In a very unscientific survey, that is.  ,-)
.
Hair:  Must be long!  Must be long and stick straight!  Matters not, if the girl has hair, which looks best this way.  If a girl has thick hair, it will look nice, natural or straightened.  But if a girl has thin, thin hair, it will look simply like thin, thin straight hair.  And would often look better, and make her look better, when it is very softly curled or turned.  

But NO!  Seems there is a memo, that all hair must be long and straightened! 
.
Dress Length:  Must-be-short!  Here again, it doesn't matter what kind of legs, a girl has.  It's common sense that nature does not hand out long, (the present idea of) shapely legs, to every girl.   It simply doesn't happen.   Some legs are short, and/or far from (the present idea of) shapely.  But no matter!  All teen age girls, regardless of the natural shape of their body, must wear short skirts.     
.
I wonder where the memos are posted?  On some form of Social Media of course.   Silly me...    ,-))))
 .
.
Pic 1 source
Pic 2 source
.
.
.
.

5 comments:

Susie said...

Tessa, I somethings think everything's a fad...cause I like you think some hair styles just don't work on many girls and for sure some skirts don't. I have seen skirts in the stores that would pass for a wide belt. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Barb said...

It's sad, isn't it? Those who don't conform to a "type" still force themselves into the "in" mold. I want to tell them, this time will pass - be your own person. But., it's not that easy. Trends really are silly, but when you're young, they rule.

Red Rose Alley said...

I guess the teens are just going with the styles in their school. We did the same thing back in the day. I remember the strap wedge sandals were so popular, and all the girls wore them in high school. Now, I would be in trouble with the straight hair fad, cause I have curly hair. ;)

Have a pleasant Sunday, Tessa.

~Sheri

SHERRY said...

The fads and style trends have always been with us. Anything from the poodle skirts of the 50's to the bell bottoms and long straight hair of the 60's and 70's. At some point everything old is new again.
Right now the Boho look is very popular. The young of today are emulating the hippie look of my generation and its very interesting to me to see the current interpretation.
While I have never been one to follow fads, I like what I like no matter what anyone else thinks. I do think no matter what your age, you need to look in the mirror and really see what you look like. If you are wearing a mini skirt and weigh 80 lbs, at one extreme, or 200 lbs at the other extreme, the chances are this look wont be the most flattering. Be your own person and keep in mind modesty and common sense are never out of style.

Peggy said...

AT that age conformity is a must. It takes a special girl to defy the mob and go her own way. She must have confidence and know that diversity is what matters. It would be a sad world if we were all alike.