Wednesday, January 27, 2016

My Frosted Rose....

My frosted rose, in my Banner.....
.
I took this photo, years ago.  By some chance, it came out in quite a beautiful way. 
.
I don't keep many pictures I have taken.  But this one, I have kept, for years.  I just love it.  :-) 
.
It is small by my blogging standards of today.  So I couldn't use it, in my Banner, until I learned to center my Banner pictures. 
.
I learned.  I can do it now.  And I did.  
.
Not an earth-shattering post topic.  But, I wanted to say it.  And I did.  
.
Hooray for our blogs!  A place, where we can write what we want.  "A Writing Place."  :-)
.
.
"I shall smile when wreaths of snow
Blossom where the rose should grow....."
Emily Bronte
.
.
.
. 

11 comments:

The World According To Me said...

Love this picture. The colour, the frost.

I didn't know you could centre pictures in your banner? I need to learn. I will learn. Soon. Very soon.

Daniela said...

Hooray, I say hooray with you, my wonderful friend !
You're so very nice and lovely,
sending love to you
Dany

Estelle's said...

A frosted rose.....lovely! A vibrant pop of pink in the doldrums of winter!

Red Rose Alley said...

Tessa, a small picture of a rose means everything to me. And there IS beauty in this rose. It's covered with a dust of frost, which makes it even more beautiful. Isn't it nice to have a place that fills the creative side in us? Lovely post today, my dear.

~Sheri

Barbara Lilian in France said...

What a pretty rose even if it's frozen. Hope managed to cut it and bring it indoors to pretty up your home.

Benita said...

Your rose is so beautiful...I love it! And yes, our blogs are a place where we can write what we want when we want how we want! I like the quick posts that share snippets and I love the long posts that share our lives!! I'm so glad you share both! Love and hugs to you sweet friend!!

A Joyful Cottage said...

Stunning. I can imagine a romantic tale to go with this frozen rose, perhaps even tragic. Yes, it's a photo to keep and cherish. xo ~ Nancy

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Lovely photo indeed! I've found blogging to be a learning process. It's exciting when I learn something new! Good for you! ♥

tammy j said...

i'm glad you showed it here again.
like we were talking...
the word brave comes to my mind whenever I see this picture.
brave and beautiful. blooming in the icy covering.
and
oh those bronte sisters...
they did have a way with words!
I liked them.
right up until I learned they were not at all nice to jane austen.
then... meh.
LOLOL!!!
have a warm and cozy day darling bean! ♥

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

That really is lovely picture, and I'm not even a big fan of roses. It definitely deserves to be front and center of your blog!

Peggy said...

What a beautiful photo, I'm so glad you kept it. Beauty in ice.