Tuesday, January 5, 2016

"Screwball Comedies"

A delightful bunch of (mostly) screwball comedies, from the library!!!!  Love these!

We watched a couple of 'Thin Man' films, on New Year's Eve.  And I got the urge to rent some more, of this genre. 
.
Do you enjoy these old gems, also???????
.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nick Charles: "The important thing is the rhythm. Always have rhythm in your shaking. Now a Manhattan you shake to fox-trot time, a Bronx to two-step time, a dry martini you always shake to waltz time." 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
.
.
.
,

2 comments:

Daniela said...

I could spend hours and hours watching these films I'm so passionate with !!!
I love the 'Thin Man' sereis I think I've watched so many times, but I'll watch it again with so much enthusiasm !
Thank you for this lovely post, your new header is so tender and sweet, thank you again !
Sending hugs for wishing you a most beautiful end of the week
Daniela

Benita said...

I love them all. I know I posted it on IG, but I have the entire Thin Man collection. William Powell and Myra Loy were awesome! Libeled Lady was also great, but I am not a Jean Harlow fan. I also like to watch Humphrey Bogart in some of the oldies...and Cary Grant. Love and hugs!!