Saturday, January 2, 2016

"Betsy" is threaded and ready to go...!!!

"Betsy" (my new sewing machine) is threaded and ready to go!!!!   But the filling the bobbin and doing the top thread, was such an *ordeal* that I have to wait till tomorrow, to sew anything!!!!  I am exhausted!  :-))) 

Oh wow, they say you don't forget, once you learned something.  And I did a lot of simple sewing, "once upon a time."  And some basics, are the same.  

 link
But!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I most certainly did not just sit down, and whizzzz through the set up!  -grin-

I gave up on the "fancy-dancy-new" automatic threader.  And simply threaded the needle myself.  Since the machine comes with an automatic threader, I will eventually learn to use it.  But today, I just needed to complete the set up.   
.
Let's hope for some sewing, soon!!!
:-)))
.
.
.
.
.

5 comments:

The World According To Me said...

I love making things, but it's been too long since I used a sewing machine. Maybe this year? Yeah maybe.

Estelle's said...

I knew it! As soon as I saw "Betsy" the sewing machine and all the beautiful artwork...and some sassy comments....you were back! This has MADE MY DAY!!!! Welcome home!!!! Now we're talkin'!

Unknown said...

Best of luck with betsy x, can't wait to see what you sew.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Have fun with your sewing projects! I intend to do a little myself in the coming year! ♥

Benita said...

I can't wait to see what you make. I haven't sewn in years and don't know if I could go back to it. Love and hugs! !